Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Flood Gates Have Opened

The flood gates have opened at my house people. And I don't mean that in the, "I just bought a few things at the yarn store" kind of way - I mean it LITERALLY!

On Sunday night, a pipe in my landlord's house burst, and thus proceeded to FLOOD MY APARTMENT! I was just sitting enjoying a cup of tea and working on the beginnings of a Christmas knitting present (aren't you proud I am getting started now? I am!) when I heard a rushing sound.

Needless to say, the bedroom carpet and many of our "nice" things are ruined. When I was looking ahead to a weekend with fibers, it did not entail ripping up carpet and putting down some hopefully not stinky new carpet.

O well, I guess I will be buying some new items now out of necessity rather than spending time at the Rhinebeck Wool Festival.

Until next time...
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment