Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Christmas Elf Disgraced

So the Christmas Elf had a very hard morning. I was SO happy to be knitting my Christmas Tree Skirt this morning on the subway. I was filled with happiness at my accomplishments and I CANNOT WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!

So I am on the subway quietly knitting, not bothering anybody when a woman sits down next to me. She asked me what I was making, and I kindly responded that it was going to be a Christmas Tree Skirt (BIG MISTAKE)! Well, you would have thought I just threw the Bible and Holy Water in this woman's face. She got all angry at me, telling me that not everybody here celebrates Christmas and that I should be mindful of other people's religions. She just berated me for several of the most awkward moments of my life. Needless to say, I got off at the next subway stop even though it wasn't my stop just to avoid her.

Lesson #2 of NYC - Always tell people it's a tree skirt - leave out the Christmas.

Until Next Time...
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment