Friday, January 28, 2011

The Vogue Knitting Live Marketplace

Thank you trusty readers, for letting me string you along all week in the pursuit of the complete Vogue Knitting Live experience.

The Vogue Knitting Marketplace...also known as my Mecca. I was blown away by how many people were thronging the craziness of the marketplace. It must also be said that I showed some restraint. I did not completely burn holes in my pockets, although I did leave with several unique and exciting purchases (to see them, please visit my Ravelry page - YoungPadawan).

Anyways, here were my thoughts on the Vogue Knitting Live Marketplace. Please feel free to send your comments along.

1. The lighting was bad. I felt bad that some of the booths were so dark, it really did not show off so many of the unbelievable yarns in the booths. I.E. Decadent Fibers! Good job gals getting yourself some good lights!

2. Bijou Bison (I think that was the name) - Man can you wine and dine us! I LOVED the idea you had of a "wine tasting" party. They had a nice squishy comfy floor to walk on and admire their products. Then they had a few couches set up where you could relax and inside cute little martini glasses sat several of their fancy yarns. The idea was to come and relax, try out a new yarn and see if you like it. GENIUS!

3. I LOVED the Furnace Mountain Alpacas booth. I know this may seem weird, but they had the BEST photos of their alpacas. I fell in love with their product the moment I saw the cute photo of a baby alpaca after his first shearing. That cute little Q-Tip head...how could you not love it?

4. Nicky Epstein  - Why oh why must you take all of my $. Nicky's booth was packed all weekend, and I really enjoyed actually getting to meet Ms. Epstein herself. She made a point to be present at her booth and I really appreciated it (not to mention it was a nice little marketing tool)...

Overall, I was very impressed with my first conference marketplace. Granted, I have nothing to compare it to, but we all have to start somewhere right? What did you guys like and dislike at the Marketplace? I am more than happy to hear what people bought...PLEASE SHARE!

Until Next Time..
Broke Obsessed Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment