Friday, February 11, 2011

Luke...You Must Go to the Degobah System

So as my title implies, this Young Padawan is heading home for the weekend to the land of her fore-knitters. I am very excited to travel to the Degobah System where I can spend time practicing with the jedi-knitting greats.

Okay, sorry for all those of you who don't get the Star Wars references. When my grandmother became very ill due to rheumatoid arthritis she became very very frail. Since she was the master knitter, I started calling her Yoda as a joke. It was a personal favorite in our house. Then I started to call my mother Obi-Wan. I like to think of myself as a young Luke Skywalker, still learning the ways of the force. My brother, of course, makes the joke that I could be Darth Vader. Only time will tell.

Sorry for the digression and I am sure (and hopeful) that many of you are giggling at my silliness. But can you tell how excited I am to go home and see my Mama?! I am sure that I will have great tales of wandering skeins when I return on Monday.

Yoda now calls me home - "Learn and travel, you must."

Until Next Time..
Have a WONDERFUL weekend
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment