Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spread the Love....

Coming from college in Upstate, New York, I figured that the worst of my snow experiences we over. That is until I learned how messy snow can be in NYC. I cannot believe how much snow we have had here lately. Now, don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed sipping tea with my knitting and some good quality talk shows during our two snow days so far, but enough slush!

One thing I have to say about living in this cold weather, it has really only acted as a catalyst for my knitting passion. What better reason to knit than to keep your friends and loved ones warm on a cold day?!

That's why today, when everyone in New York City is grumbling about snow and slush and ice I am saying take stock of all that we have. While I call myself the Broke Knitter, I am so fortunate that I have a coat and mittens to keep me warm this winter time.

I am urging everyone to knit something for charity in the month of February. It's a month of coldness, but also the month of love. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, show humanity some love. Knit a hat, a scarf or mittens to be donated to a local group. I promise you wont feel so dreary thinking about a child in need warmed not only by your yarn, but also by your love.

Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment