Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Book Worm

I guess it is time to admit to myself and the world again, I am not a very cool person. But it's okay. I have realized that I have never been cool, why not embrace the fact that I love knitting, cats, and of course, books.

And that is today's topic for discussion - books. I LOVE to read. Having a 3 hour commute each day leaves lots of time for knitting and reading on public transportation. To be honest, I hate the commute but at least I have some hobbies to keep myself entertained on the long trips.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about the most recent book series I just finished, the "Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins. For those of you who like to indulge from time to time in young adult novels, this is the PERFECT set of books for you to read. I know I am off topic today, but I just had to share how much I enjoyed these books. I will warn you, they are a bit dark.



The basis of the trilogy is about Katniss, a teenage girl who lives in a post-apocalyptic America where the government controls everything in the outer districts. To quell the districts from fighting against the government, the Capital hosts the hunger games each year in which one boy and one girl from each district are sent into an arena to fight to the death. The final victor promises their district glory and food for the year.

Well, of course, Katniss ends up at the hunger games. The stories look at the morals and ethics behind the games and about standing up for what you believe in.

This is such a wonderful trilogy I just had to share how much I enjoyed it. Does anyone else have good suggestions for reading?

Until Next Time
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment