Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...Cherish It!

So you are all probably pretty sick of hearing me rant about working too much. Well I am sick of it too! I am making a stand now to stop complaining about work.

Last night Jen was my "Phonathon helper" so she stayed late at work with me. We spoke to the students about some of the projects we are working on, and they were VERY excited. Two of them actually expressed an interest in learning how to knit. So I said to myself, "Self, maybe you should start a knitting group on campus." And that is what I am going to do. I know several students on campus who expressed interest last fall in starting a knitting circle, so I am making a pact to do that!

Another very important revelation came to Jen and myself yesterday - cherishing the small projects. Just because you are super busy doesn't mean you cannot find time to find success in your knitting projects. It can be very discouraging when you work on a big big project, say, a Christmas tree skirt, to feel like you are getting anywhere when you find yourself strapped for time.

Jen suggested I pick up some small, "quick and dirty" projects during Phonathon time so that I can feel accomplished. I have decided to do just that! I started a quick and easy st stitch baby blanket in Plymouth's nice and plushy "Heaven." I am using a light and dark colored purple and I am super excited to finish it up this evening.

Two day project - now that's what I am talking about!

Inspirational Message of the Day - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...Cherish It

Sometimes you need to step back and relax. Admire the work you can complete and love every minute of every project even if it feels silly, small and dinky.

Until Next Time...
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment