Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fiberlicious

Lately for me yarns have been all about texture and feel. I find myself wandering into different shops throughout the city just sticking my hands into baskets looking for something that "feels right" (Don't worry, I make sure no cheese curl fingers before I enter the shop!).

I guess I have always been a toucher. I get that from my Mama. My mother can always be known to pick up a ball of yarn and do the "neck test" - where she rubs the ball against her neck to see if it would feel nice. While it looks a bit silly it definitely does the trick!

I am just about to being a project for my little sister, a replica hat from one of the Harry Potter movies. The pattern called for an alpaca blend and I must say the yarn I have I cannot stop touching the yarn. It is sooooo soft. I would love to just sidle up to an alpaca and snuggle in.

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment