Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Thank goodness work will officially be on summer "hiatus" (a.k.a. just a bit slower pace) after tonight's Gala event. The lead up to this event has been more than stressful and I know I am ready for the break.

With July 4th approaching and some vacation time on the horizon I feel as though life is slowing just a bit. I am not racing to work and racing home to bed each night and I know that as my life calms my knitting will pick back up.

Taking the advice that one of you gave me in my "Needing Inspiration" post last week, I decided to finish up a project that was easy to finish. I finished an adorable baby blanket that has taken me a LONG time to finish. When I first picked up the pattern for a blanket, hat and sweater I knew I was getting in over my head, but I wanted a challenge. Well, after I ripped the blanket out about a million times it is finally done. Another item to add to the Tupperware bins for the next baby who pops into my life (praying it's not mine).

As NYC prepares itself for the brutal heat of summer and the expectations of rooftop parties and picnics in the park I am finally finding myself able to take more time for myself. Anybody have any great summer plans?

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment