Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Frustration Anyone?

I think I had the most frustrating thing happen to me last night. I miraculously completed all my UFOs during the past two weeks which made me feel awesome and, to be honest, indestructible. Unfortunately, that indestructibility was about to be put to the test when I arrived home last night and plopped myself on the couch to start a new project.

Now, picking a new project to begin with is always a task and a half. Lets just say that my mind tends to wander and my eyes are usually bigger than my knitting ability. Needless to say, I have MANY projects tempting me in the closet just waiting to be started.

Picture and Pattern Courtesy of Christy Aylesworth
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hermione-hearts-ron

After about an hour of flipping through pattern after pattern I decided to start on a hat for my little sister's birthday. I found the pattern on Ravelry, and seeing as how she is a HUGE Harry Potter fan I figured, why not?!

Look at that hat! Nice and easy and I am sure it would be super soft and comfy.

So, I diligently grabbed the beautiful Silk Alpaca gray yarn I had put aside for this project, pulled out the pattern and  enthusiastically announced to Randy the commencing of Hermione's hat. I balled up the skein and I was grinning from ear to ear (starting a new project always gives me this weird giddiness and excitement).

And that's when it happened. I didn't have the right size needles! I know, I know, all you veteran knitters are totally freaked out by this concept (I swear to God that my mother has more needles than the Pope has Rosaries), but as a younger and more rookie knitter this does occasionally happen. As I learn new techniques I pick up more "gear." Since I am very very much a newbie when it comes to lace knitting, I didn't have any size 2 needles. And, for the first time, I am sorry to say, that my Denise interchangeable set let me down!

Anyways, this whole occasion left me very sad and frustrated and  poor Randy was stuck with a moping girlfriend for the rest of the evening. So, #1 thing on today's to-do list is make a quick run over to Knitting 321 (a tiny little knitting shop located at East 75th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues) to pick up some size 2 and size 3 circular needles.

I will not be thwarted again this evening. Happy Knitting and Here's to No Frustration!

Until Next Time,
Broke and Needless Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment