Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Broke Knitter a Teacher?!

I know my mother will be shocked to hear it but Broke Knitter actually helped lead a beginner's knitting class today! I KNOW! It's amazing and you are not going to believe it but I had the patience to do it!

A new off-shoot from the Community Service club has started at the institution where I work. A group of female students wanted to learn how to knit so that they could make some items for charity knitting. How could I say no when they offered to supply the yarn! Well, I jumped right on this opportunity to do some free knitting and I actually had a WONDERFUL time today teaching a few students how to cast on and knit their first row.

We are starting with just garter stitch scarves, a good starting point. I am going to use this opportunity to try some of the cable patterns in the back of my Melissa Leapman "Cables Untangled."

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment