Thursday, November 10, 2011

NYC - My Home Sweet Home!

For some reason as I walked to streets of the Upper East Side this morning on my way to work I couldn't help but think about how much I love living in the Big Apple. Everywhere you look there is something new and exciting to see. You see things you would never see anywhere else, like a homeless man with a shopping cart to hold his adorable orange kittens (and yes, that is a true story!).

New York City's hustle and bustle never ceases to amaze me. During the normal week the subway stations are so jam packed with people who all move in this amazing blob but never seeming to really step on each other's toes or bump into one another. It amazes me!

I guess over the past two and a half years the things about NYC that amazes me the most is how I have changed and grown. When I first moved to Queens the thought of living in Manhattan was out of the question. The loud streets, the constant crowds and grime just turned me off. However, not I cannot get enough of it.

It's weird to think of myself as the little Boston girl now. While I will never let my love for the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins or Celtics die I have to admit that the New York City girl that sits here typing away at her computer is here to stay.

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment