Monday, January 23, 2012

How the Broke Knitter Became the Knitter Who Was a Beggar

Remember that whole post I wrote about budgeting money for the Vogue Knitting Live marketplace and not impulse buying? Yeah, well that didn't really work out exactly as I had planned.

I felt that the lighting was much better than last year and I bought a great many purchases. I already finished the Noro Bonburi shawl I purchased from Black Sheep and Ewe - a WONDERFUL Canadian vendor whose staff members were wonderfully engaging and kind.

I was, however, a bit disappointed with the variety of vendors. Many of the vendors were repeats of last year who actually brought the same display and sale items. While it was great to pick up a few items that I had been regretting not purchasing last year I would have liked a bit more variety.

My favorite purchase was from Buffalo Gold - a beautiful lace fly-over top made from Koigu. Stay tuned for the knitting antics of this crazy project!

What were your thoughts on the marketplace? While I really enjoyed shopping and spending time with friends I wasn't as "wow-ed" by it as I had been hoping.

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment