Friday, March 16, 2012

For Meggles...

So now that my friends know about my blog I figured I had to get back on the horse and write up something today. With work being so crazy I must admit that my needles are feeling very sadly neglected and my half finished alpaca hat is crying out for me to finish it so that it can keep me warm next winter.

And can I say that this has been the weirdest winter, or should I say "winter." We completely missed the cold this year and I, for one, am not complaining about it after the winter we had 2010-2011.

Anyways, without the cold weather inspiration I must admit that my knitting has fallen by the wayside this year. While last year I couldn't wait to get home, cuddle up on the couch and knit something cozy, this year I wanted to be outside or meet friends to explore NYC.

But I digress, Meggles, this post is for you. My dear friend has just started learning how to knit and I could not be prouder! She has watched countless YouTube videos and has been FLYING! I am so proud of you! Snaps for Meggles!

Meggles, feel free to post pictures of anything you have worked on so I can rave about you some more!

P.S. IT IS EXACTLY ONE YEAR UNTIL MY WEDDING!
I had a thought for knitted centerpiece "doilies" to go around perhaps a tall vase or a lantern for the wedding. I thought that maybe some of my close knitting friends could help out with this and make it a project. It would be a nice way to incorporate something that reminds me of my grandmother since both she and my grandfather will be very missed that day. Anyways, let me know your thoughts!


Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

1 comment:

  1. Jules! This little shoutout just made me so happy! :)
    I'm working on a pot holder right now! Not the most complicated but it's going to match our new kitchen. I can't wait until it's done!
    Ps, that is an amazing idea for the doilies. That is so wonderful. If I ever get good at this, I would absolutely help you!
    Love, Meggles

    ReplyDelete