Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hurrication - Thanks Sandy!

I wanted to begin this post by offering my deepest sympathies and condolences to those who, like Randy and myself, were affected by Hurricane Sandy. While Randy and I made it through the storm unscathed, our neighbors home was very badly damaged and several trees have taken down fences, power lines, sidewalks, and porches on our block. I wish all of you the quickest and safest recovery possible!

That being said, I was stuck at home all week in, what we on Bell Blvd are calling the "Hurrication." While Randy and I were able to run some of our electronics on our backup generator, we were still on a rather low-functioning end of a normal week. This, however, was a GREAT things for all those UFOs sitting around my apartment. I spent each day wrapped in a blanket working on the many unfinished projects that have been stuffed in my closet all year. I think I will have some very happy family members and friends come the Christmas holiday!

What did you do to get through the week without power? Crossword puzzles, regular puzzles, dirty romance novels? I'd love to hear all about it!

Until Next Time,
Finally with some power,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment