Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pre-Marketplace Shopping

One of the best and worst things about the Internet I discovered today - the ability to scope out the websites of many of the vendors who will be selling at the Marketplace of Vogue Knitting Live New York this weekend. This has been a great way to learn a bit about the local shop vendors and their products (not to mention that the holes in my pockets have no been pre-selected!).

I am very excited to explore this weekend's marketplace, but I am going to share with you the three booths I am dying to visit:

1. Annie and Co. Knitting - http://www.annieandco.com/
As a new resident of the Upper East Side I am looking forward to meeting Annie and Co. Being very close to my new home I would love to learn about the local yarn shops and get a feel for a new shop to call my NYC home.

2. Full Moon Farm - http://www.fullmoonfarmny.com/
You need to visit this website! I cannot wait to see what they bring. Here is how they describe themselves on their website,"Family owned and operated, Full Moon farm offers grass fed beef, lamb, and goat as well as pastured pork and chicken. And that's just what's edible! From our herd of happy sheep, we produce fine wool as well as a line of handcrafted clothing and accessories." I cannot wait to support this 300+ acre farm from Upstate New York.

3. Long Island Livestock Co. - http://www.lilivestockco.com
The products available on this website run the gamut from bath and body products to yarns! I cannot wait to see this Long Island company - especially since I spend so much of my summer just down the road from them!

I hope you are all getting as excited as I am to shop till you drop this weekend!

Until Next Time,
Broke Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment